1. Healthier hair, skin and nailsProtein is the building block for every cell in your body, meaning it's vital for your complexion as much as your constitution. Aim to get a minimum of 1g of protein per kg of body weight and more if you’re frequently active. Tip: Ten eggs (each containing 6g of protein) would hit the spot for a 60kg person – however you should get your protein from varied sources so you can enjoy a broad spectrum of added nutrients. Think dairy, meat, legumes and protein-rich edamame.
2. Sustained energyUnlike some carb-heavy breakfasts, a hearty serving of protein in the morning won’t lead to blood sugar spikes before lunch. You’ll be nicely satiated and prepared to resist office pastries when they do the rounds. Tip: Fermented rice protein, is made using whole rice instead of the refined kind so that it digests easily without irritating your stomach.
3. Good mood and sound sleepImproved levels of tryptophan, an essential amino acid you can only get from your diet, has been shown to boost levels of the hormone melatonin that controls mood and sleep quality. Our delicious vegan powder is packed with quality amino acids from fermented rice and pea protein. With 16g of protein per serving, it's perfect post workout or first thing in the morning and the ideal support for an active lifestyle. Enjoyed daily, it can help increase your metabolic rate and curb nagging sugar cravings. Best of all, since it's naturally flavoured with French vanilla, it has a hint of sweetness without any added sugar.
Vanilla Protein Shake Recipe:
- 1 cup milk, use your favourite milk - almond, soy or coconut work well
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter.
- 1 banana, large.
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Protein Vanilla.
- cinnamon powder, to sprinkle on top.
- Blend all but the cinnamon powder until smooth
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon