That Protein: Hemp & Baobab Tropical TrifleSee below for the ingredients for all the different elements of this dessert - it may look like a lot, but the process is so simple and the result is stunning!
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Gently melt the coconut oil, then process the cake ingredients together until smooth, then pour into the loaf tin and bake for 35 – 45 minutes (covering half-way with baking paper if it browns too quickly) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Next, make your cookie crumble by combining all ingredients until smooth. Spoon over a baking tray in one big, thinnish circle (0.5cm thickness) and bake for six minutes. Set aside to cool and firm.
- Make your coconut cream by beating the ingredients together with an electric whisk, then place in the fridge to set. Make the cashew cream by blending all ingredients together until completely smooth (you may need to add splashes of coconut milk to help it to loosen and combine), then set aside. Now, you’re ready to make your trifle!
- Cut your cooled sponge into thin slices, then layer some of them over the base of a large trifle bowl. Spoon over some of the passion fruit seeds, if using, then top with a large layer of mango cashew cream. Break up the cookie into a crumble, then sprinkle over around one third. Spread over ½ of the coconut cream.
- Repeat the above with your next layer, then sprinkle over any remaining cookie crumble. Decorate with slices of orange and banana, then devour!