- Use reduced or low temperature setting
- Don’t stretch or drag hair when using any heat tool. It’s better to use 3 quick passes with the iron or wand rather than one slow pass.
- The cooling part of the process is as important as heating when creating curls with a wand or iron. Curls may drop out if not cooled properly!
- If straightening hair with an iron make sure the irons are partly open at the root zone and then gradually close them as you move down the hair shaft. This will enable you to maintain volume at the roots and smooth mid lengths and ends.
- Never use heat tools without Swell’s Ultimate Protect & Renew Serum!
The Ultimate Heat Styling Protection
- March 29, 2016
- 2 min read