If you need to be gentle:Take extra care of your delicate skin, as rough scrubs can really irritate sensitive skin and sometimes tear it. Being rough with a scrub on your body can also risk you stinging your skin. To give your skin the gentle exfoliation it needs, use Pinks Boutique Rosehip Face & Body Scrub to delicately polish the skin's surface. Look for scrubs that are
If your skin needs a glow:Make dull skin glow by smoothing things over and reviving your skin in time for summer. Use a salt based exfoliant such as the Bodhi & Birch Rosemary Chi Himalayan Detox Salt Scrub to remove dead skin cells and stimulate skin cell regeneration. Dry brushing before your shower is also a great method for smoothing and brightening skin, as it boosts circulation and improves the appearance of cellulite. By stimulating the lymph nodes when you dry brush, you also help detox your body which is beneficial in helping your lymphatic system release toxins and can also improve digestion and kidney functioning. Try the Hydrea Walnut Wood Dry Skin Body Brush to experience the benefits of dry brushing at home.
If your skin is dry:Dry, flakey skin can sometimes make us want to cover up, and having our legs hidden under our jeans for most of the year can really take its toll. Your first instinct might be to grab the nearest mitt and harshly scrub your skin until it’s silky smooth, but doing so could strip your skin of all it’s moisture. Give your body a fresh renewal by gently using the right scrub to remove dead skin cells and help boost moisture. For a deeply exfoliating experience, massage Bamford Botanic Sugar Polish into dry areas to leave skin nourished and radiant.
If you suffer from ingrown hairs or acneIngrown hairs and body acne happen, and where there is oil, unfortunately, there is clogged pores and breakouts. Sometimes difficult to reach areas of our body often go missed when we go about our shower routine and bacteria can build up. With skin problems like back acne, these areas are hard to reach, but by using a long handled brush easy cleaning can become achievable. Look for scrubs that scrub away dirt, oil, and dead skin cells such as the Sister & Co Raw Coconut & Matcha Green Tea Sugar Scruband for preventing ingrown hairs, try Lola's Apothecary Orange Patisserie Warming Body Polish which is also beneficial in prepping the skin for waxing and shaving.
- Be gentle - even if you have normal skin or dry skin, being harsh with a scrub could suddenly flare up an unexpected skin condition. Many scrubs will be effective without needing a rough hand.
- Brush towards your heart - Start at your feet and massage your body brush on your skin in circular motions, working your way upwards.
- The right low the shower to run for 5-10 minutes and let the warm water soften your skin to help prepare it for exfoliation.
- Don't overdo it - limit your scrub to just a couple times a week, or you may end up over-exfoliating and irritating your skin.
- Moisturise - it’s important to apply a moisturiser or body oil to your skin after scrubbing to maintain moisture and keep your skin silky smooth. For best results after exfoliating, pat your skin dry and leave some water on the skin before using a body oil, as this moisture will act as a carrier to absorb and draw in the oil.
- Before you shave - it's best not to immediately shave your skin after exfoliating, as this can create a stinging sensation and really irritate the skin.