What are Goji Berries?Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, are small, bright red super fruits. They are grown on the Tibetan plains and have been cultivated in Asia for over 5,000 years. The Goji tree is a hardy plant and tolerates climatic extremes in its native Himalayan range, from winter lows of -26 ̊C to summer highs of up to 40 ̊C. The ripe, juicy berries are delicately handpicked from the densely-branched trees and sun-dried to capture all their natural goodness.
What are their Superfood benefits?Goji berries have long been revered by the local people as a source of eternal youth and wellbeing. It is even said that those that eat them have been found to live longer and with fewer ailments. The berries are brimming with both macro and micronutrients that naturally have the following benefits:
- Vitamin Chelps support immunity – just one serving of Goji berries have more Vitamin C than an orange
- Ironhelps reduce fatigue and promotes energy production
- Copperhelps protect cells against oxidative stress
- Potassiumnourishes the nervous system helping to combat stress
- Proteinhelps grow and maintain muscles mass